The 10th round of India-China talks between the senior commanders of both nations will take place today to take the Galwan Valley disengagement process further. The meeting was scheduled a day after it was revealed that the 2 militaries had completed the withdrawal of troops and camps from the banks of Pangong lake in Ladakh.
The disengagement process began on February 10. According to sources, the 10th round of India-China talks is scheduled to start today at the Moldo border point on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.
This came after the year-long tension between the two sides at the borders. Things escalated when 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a physical clash on June 15 at Galwan Valley in Ladakh. Then yesterday, China officially acknowledged casualties on its side, naming four officers and soldiers that were killed in this stand-off.
The two sides have been talking to each other since then to come to a mutual understanding. In a statement to Parliament on February 11, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said China will pull back its troops to the east of Finger 8 areas in the northern bank of Pangong lake. Meanwhile, the Indian personnel will be based at their permanent base at Dhan Singh Thapa Post near Finger 3 in the region.
The Defence Minister also said that similar action would take place on the south bank of the lake as well. He confirmed that both sides agreed to convene the next meeting of senior commanders within 48 hours of completion of the Pangong disengagement so as to resolve all other remaining issues.
Rajnath Singh later said that other outstanding “problems”, including Depsang, Hot Springs, and Gogra, will be taken into consideration during the next military talks.