DMK president, M K Stalin released a vision document for the next 10 years on Sunday. The vision document came with promises and goals for the party to implement if it is elected to power in the upcoming Assembly election in Tamil Nadu.
This vision document incorporated:
- Rs 1,000 as monthly wage for housewives
- The creation of 10 lakh jobs every year
- Eradication of poverty
- Increase in the area of double-crop cultivation from 10 lakh acre to 20 lakh acres
- Making the state top in the production of foodgrains, coconut, cotton, and sunflower
- 20 lakh concrete houses
- Broadband connectivity in all Tamil Nadu villages
- A double-digit economic growth rate for the state
- Tap water facilities to 36 lakh homes
- Implementing a waste management system in all urban areas
Addressing a massive crowd of supporters in Trichy, MK Stalin declared that the state’s economy will expand to above 35 lakh crore if this 10-year plan is implemented properly. This can lead to the creation of 10 lakh new jobs each year, cutting unemployment percentage into half and increasing per capita income to Rs 4 lakh per year, the DMK chief claimed.
“The 10-year plan will lift one crore people out of poverty in the next 10 years,” said MK Stalin.